Friday 11 April 2014

How to say Hello in Nepali ?



Nepali is a beautiful language spoken by nearly 20 million people all over the world. It is majorly spoken in Nepali, few states of India ( Sikkim, West Bengal, Meghalaya, Assam) and also in Bhutan. But Nepali speaking , Nepal origin people you will find all over the world. It is a very sweet language. We are going to learn this amazing language spoken in the world of mountain & Himalaya, the birth place Lord Buddha, the country know for peace, love and nature.


My name is Anil Mahato. I am born and schooled in Kathmandu. Later I moved to New Delhi, India. I am a student and vlogger who loves to make videos on language, culture, food and travel.

In this vlog, I want to share my knowledge of Nepali language. So, we are going to start this learning Nepali language online from this lesson.


How to say Hello in Nepali Language

You must be knowing before 2006 revolution, Nepal was only Hindu country in this world. Still more than 85 % people are Hindus. So, as every Hindus do, we greet by two words.
1. Namaskar नमस्कार
2. Namaste नमस्ते
Both words meaning is same, "I bow to you" my greetings, salutations to you. You can choose both whatever you like. But, based on my personal experience what I observed in my 16 years of living in Nepal is Namaskar is used with more respect, humble with politeness. You will observe when you will visit Nepal, any small officer when greets higher post officer they always use Namaskar than Namaste. Even my mother used to scold me if I used to say Namaste to big uncle or grand fathers instead of Namaskar. This is just a personal opinion but you can use both words my friend.

How to do Namaskar /Namaste in Nepali
It is very easy to do Namaste or Namaskar. Let's learn to do Namaste/ Namaskar step by step.
1. Bring your both hands close to your hearts.
2. Now as you clap, in that way close both hands.
3. As the hands overlap over each other. You have to close your eyes and head down little bit.
4. Hold your head down for 1-2 second and during that time say Namaste or Namaskar.

It's done.
Now, let's learn to say " How are you in Nepali" in lesson 2. 

Filled Under:

0 comments:

Post a Comment